Seeing that I made a VRC6 Soundfont, why don't I make the VRC7? It's been on my list of things to do for a while, and I never really got the chance to sit down and work on it. Fortunately, I had ample time to myself, and I did just that.
Along with the other patches, I added a Sine Wave patch which would be the first customizable preset of a real VRC7 so people can play around with it how they see fit... Plus, it's kinda necessary to have a Sine in an FM bank anyway; it's like a sound chip without sound (plus, I like Sine Waves. c: ).
Sadly, the size of the file turned out to be as large as the Sega Master System YM2413 Soundfont, yet slightly less by only 10 MB (for reference, the YM2413 .sf2 is 60 MB). Originally, I was aiming to make the soundfont only 30 MB or less, but considering the way how the VRC7 was analog and therefore didn't have stable, ergo, easily loopable samples within a short duration most of the time, it was just a goal that was impossible to achieve.
And after working with the sounds for such a long time and learning the ins and outs of the VRC7 along the way... For once, I actually have a sound chip I dislike... well, actually, after working on BOTH the VRC7 and repairing the PT-80, I'm not exactly a fan of analog synths and their functionality in general. They can make great sounds, but I'll be damned if they're easy to capture, let alone replicate under circumstances for efficiency.